JOB OPENING: COMMUNITY RELATIONS COORDINATOR - VISTA
PUTNAM CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS FOUNDATION POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Community Relations Coordinator - VISTA
- Experience working in nonprofits and/or public education
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time appropriately
- Unimpeachable integrity
REPORTING RESPONSIBILITIES: Foundation President
SUMMARY: The Community Relations Coordinator is responsible for working to build the capacity of our organization by assessing district staff needs and then developing new partnerships to meet those needs, or serving as a liaison to available community resources. Professional work will include general clerical work and other tasks as assigned to the VISTA.
- Meet with each principal of targeted school sites for an initial discussion of community partnerships currently being used.
- Interview teachers to ascertain resources they are currently using as well as their unfulfilled needs that would enable them to provide more for their students.
- Set appointments with potential community partners for Foundation President and attend the meetings.
- Assess surrounding businesses of target school sites to determine if potential community partners exist locally.
- Keep detailed and efficient records of all contacts with staff (teachers, principals, etc) and community members.
- Provide administrative support to President and for office.
- Research potential grantors, individuals, and companies for financial capacity to support needs discussed by teachers and principals.
- Attend Center for Nonprofits or other training in basic fundraising.
- Support all event-related efforts and meetings (major events are golf tournament, trivia night and gala)
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the PCPSF policies and ethical standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Foundation President or Communications and Programs Coordinator.
EXPECTED COMPUTER PROGRAM EXPERIENCE: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive.
SCHEDULE: M-F 8:30-4:30PM. School holidays off, except summer. Some weekend and evening activities.
BENEFITS: paid time off, 401K and various insurances available, stipend, training relocation allowance, choice of education award or end of service stipend, Healthcare benefit, education award upon successful completion of service.
SALARY: Contingent on qualifications and funding from private donor
TO APPLY: Send resume to [email protected] by October 20, 2018.
October 1, 2018