POSITION: Part-time Community Relations and Engagement Coordinator with the Putnam City Schools Foundation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time appropriately
- Unimpeachable integrity
- High school diploma
REPORTING RESPONSIBILITIES: Foundation President
SUMMARY: The Community Relations and Engagement Coordinator is responsible for working to build the capacity of our organization by assessing Putnam City staff needs and then developing new partnerships to meet those needs. This person will also serve as a liaison to available community resources. Professional work will include development, clerical and other tasks as assigned.
- Meet with each principal for an initial discussion of community partnerships currently being used.
- Interview teachers to ascertain resources they are currently using as well as their unfulfilled needs that would enable them to provide more for their students.
- Set appointments with potential community partners for Foundation President and attend the meetings.
- Assess surrounding businesses of target school sites to determine if potential community partners exist locally.
- Keep detailed and efficient records of all contacts with staff (teachers, principals, etc) and community members.
- Provide administrative support to President and for office.
- Research potential grantors, individuals, and companies for financial capacity to support needs discussed by teachers and principals.
- Support all event-related efforts.
- Development support, including data entry, thank you letters, and reporting.
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the PCPSF policies and ethical standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Foundation President or Communications and Programs Coordinator.
PREFERRED SKILLS: Fluency in Spanish, experience in the nonprofit sector, Quickbooks.
Expected computer program experience: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Drive.
SCHEDULE: To be determined, but average 15 hours a week. Some evening activities. Travel within OKC area expected.
BENEFITS: Paid time off, 401K and various insurances available, paid training, weekly compensation.
TO APPLY: Send resume to [email protected] by July 20, 2019.
The Putnam City Schools Foundation’s mission is to enhance and enrich the educational opportunities of children in Putnam City Schools. We serve the students, teachers, and staff of Oklahoma’s fifth-largest school district, through support, recognition, and advocacy, and have for over 30 years. More than 19,500 children and their families benefit from the work we do every day. The support we provide doesn’t just impact our schools. It enables our students to dream big and continue building the strong community we share.